Tuesday, February 4, 2014

[Beauty] The Lipstick Tag. Just Because.

I stumbled across this and thought it would be fun to do. I tag anyone else who wants to do it!

1. How many lipsticks do you own?

Too many. Next question.

2. What was your first lipstick?

I don't remember the color name but it was a CoverGirl Lipslicks Lipgloss. It was a really frosty ballerina pink. I probably still have it at the bottom of my lipstick stash. I was maybe 12 when I bought it?

Lipslicks Lipgloss
Woot woot!


3. What is your favorite lipstick brand?

This one is tough. I have a hands down favorite lip product brand - Tarte - but more specifically I love their lipsurgence pencils. These are essentially lipsticks but they're not really called "lipsticks".

LipSurgenceā„¢ natural lip stain
Fave!

If we're talking about a for real lipstick, I have to go with BareMinerals or MAC.

Marvelous Moxie


MAC

I have to give honorable mention to Kat Von D lipsticks - they have amazing staying power, but I find that many of the colors don't work with my skin tone.

Kat Von D


4. What is your most worn lipstick?

I don't really have one! I switch it up frequently. If I had to pick right now, I'd say that lately I've been reaching for Private Party by MAC. Bummer, it's a limited edition!

From the 2013 Holiday collection


5. What is your favorite lipstick finish?

I'd have to say satin, but I love the look of a matte as well. Problem is, many matte formulas are so drying!!

6. What was your last lipstick purchase?
From the 2013 Holiday collection

That's an easy one. MAC Viva Glam V.

Viva Glam V

7. How many lip products are in your bag right now?

HA. This is great. 15. Seriously. Revlon lip butter in Pink Truffle (1), MAC Viva Glam V (2), MAC Private Party (3), Nyx Matte lipstick in Whipped Caviar (4), Nyx Butter lipstick in Pops (5), Rimmel Show Off lip lacquer in Celestial (6), Wet N Wild Mega lip color in That's Berry Beautiful (7), Tarte Lipsurgence lip lustre in Kind (limited edition - 8), Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in Untainted Spice (9), Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Clearly Pink (10), Revlon Colorburst gloss in Orchid (11), ELF lip gloss in Take Me Out (limited edition - 12), an Ulta lip liner in Flesh (13), Too Faced Lip Insurance lip primer (14), and a company-branded Ericsson lip balm (I'm guessing it's made by Nivea by the looks of it - 15).

8. What's your favorite red lipstick?

I really don't have one! I have a hard time finding the right toned red for my fair skin. I'm still looking for a red I love!

9. How do you store your lipsticks?

If it weren't so embarrassing I'd show you. Right now, I have a drawer full of them, plus a plastic shoebox that's also full. I have a small cosmetics bag that houses only glosses, and a second cosmetic bag where my overflow lipsticks are now headed. I'm planning to reorganize them at some point this month and would like to have them all in two of the shoebox size plastic boxes.

10. What lipsticks are you currently lusting after?

Oh, there are plenty. Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Turn On:


Revolution Lipstick by Urban Decay
UD Revolution Lipstick in Venom:

Venom Revolution Lipstick by Urban Decay

MAC lipstick in Ruby Woo:

Lipstick in Ruby Woo

Tarte Lipsurgence Matte Lip Tint in Berry

Tarte - LipSurgenceā„¢ Matte Lip Tint


L'Oreal Color Riche in Purple Prelude

L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color, 403 Purple Prelude

Nars Matte lipstick in La Paz

La Paz Pure Matte Lipstick



Wet N Wild Fergie Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain in Global Fierceness

Wet n Wild Fergie Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain Global Fierceness



So that's it for the tag!

1 comment:

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)