Saturday, July 13, 2013

[OOTD] I'm Not a "Dress Pants" Kind of Girl

I've recently come to a realization that I've probably actually known for awhile: I'm not a dress pants girl. It's so strange - I have always striven for a variety in my wardrobe - some jeans, some tops, some dresses, skirts, and dress pants, a smattering of shorts, and some workout/sleep attire. I own some of all of these, but what I've noticed is that I hardly ever wear dress pants.

Top: the Limited (Dec 2012)
Skirt: Express (old)
Shoes: Candies via Kohl's (summer 2012)

Is it possible? Can you be a person who just "doesn't wear" a certain type of clothing? I've never thought of myself that way but it appears I am! The problem lies in the fact that I have yet to find a single pair of dress pants that make me look and feel great. I have some that are ok, some that are good, and many that are downright bad, but none that I would want to be wearing when I run into an ex. So I just don't wear them. And I've stopped buying them. And I'm contemplating just getting rid of last few pairs I still own. It feels weird, like cutting out a whole food group or something, but I don't see any reason to keep them.


Are there any items of clothing you feel this way about? Is this more common than I thought?

This picture made me laugh because I look like I'm sticking the girls out, but it showed the cute button up side!

1 comment:

  1. oh totally - i am not a "heels" girl - it's a miracle if i wear them, seriously. they just don't work well for me and they KILL my feet. now, i like wedges... sometimes. but heels. no.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)