Many of you know that I've always had a love-hate relationship with style blogging. I worry that it can be narcissistic. I worry I have nothing to offer. I worry that the idea of lil ol' me being a style blogger is downright ridiculous. I spent my whole life trying to be as stylish as some of the women I've surrounded myself with over the years, and I can't imagine that I've learned enough to warrant style blogging.
These thoughts come to the forefront now and then and I've always been able to stuff them back down. But over the last month or two, I've really been thinking: why am I doing this? And here's what I came up with:
- Because I love to write. If I wasn't writing about clothes I'd be writing about something else.
- Because I aspire to be stylish every time I step out of the house, no matter where I'm going.
- Because I'm learning about style each and every day through this awesome community of bloggers.
- Because seeing photos of my outfits helps me to realize what works and what doesn't. And there's still a lot of doesn't!
- Because some days, I just don't feel like putting myself together and this blog makes me accountable.
- Because I am scared to death that once I have children I'll become that blob of a mom who never wears anything but yoga pants and sweatshirts. Having a blog will keep me accountable then, too!