Monday, October 29, 2012

[Life] Halloween

This past weekend the hubby and I threw a Halloween party. You guys, I just love Halloween. It's one of my favorite holidays (second only to Christmas!). I think there are a number of reasons why - it's about candy and costumes and things that go bump in the dark! (And I love to be scared....bring on the scary movies!). It's in my favorite season: fall. And it's the start of my favorite time of year: the Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas holiday trifecta.

When I lived in Pittsburgh, my roommate Katie and I would throw a Halloween party every year. We lived in the South Side, which, if you know anything about Pittsburgh, is where all the fun is (and by that, I mean all the bars). What started that first year as a small pre-bar-hop get together turned into an annual shindig that all of our friends (and many of their friends!) looked forward to every fall.

The Wharton St annual Halloween Bash, 2005

We'd start the party early - maybe 7 or so - and then around 11 we'd gather up the entire party and bar crawl down the South Side. It was so much fun and talked about the entire year. When I moved down to Atlanta, I really missed that party every October.

So this year, when the hubs said he'd like to have one, I lit up at the opportunity to throw one again. While it wasn't quite the same - there was no bar crawl - we instead added a few things you can only have when you own your own home: outdoor beer games and a bonfire!

The lights say Happy Halloween...these are a leftover from the Wharton St era! Someone stole the Y off Happy, but it's Halloween, so we can kind of get away with it.



Sorry this is a bit blurry but it's the only full length pic we have. We were Harry Potter and Hermione!

Some of my amazing friends.
Raja and Lea won our costume contest with their "Chick Magnet" costume!







The Halloween Spooktacular was a blast!!! Can't wait for next year.... :)


stillbeingmolly

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast! Also, looks like you have a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! you look adorable!! sounds like such an amazing party and a weekend!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hopping over here for some #YOLO madness and I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog in the future. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! All my friends have been too busy and I don't think we'll have a halloween party :-( I'm really sad because I finally got a costume this year! haha...oh well! Next year!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)