Wednesday, January 9, 2013

[Linkup] Trend of the Month

Today I'm participating in a linkup hosted by the lovely Marion! Her trend this month? Stripes!

This was perfect for me, since I love stripes and own more striped items than I care to admit. I had just recently (as in, last week) recreated an outfit from the amazing Sydne that involved stripes!

It was interesting how I got here. I had pinned this outfit last summer and when I decided to recreate it, I was certain that it was the color contrast of cobalt and white that drew me to it. My first recreation of the outfit had me wearing a non-striped cobalt tank under the white blazer - and I just didn't love it as much! It made me rethink what drew me to pin the outfit in the first place, and I swapped out the plain cobalt for a periwinkle stripe - and loved the result! Although, I don't think the jacket photographed well in the lighting (it looks shiny?).

Sydne's style here

The Outfit
Top: Walmart
Blazer: H&M (summer 2012)
Jeans: JCPenney
Shoes: Target (same, seen in my Christmas vlog)
Necklace: H&M (summer 2012)



I think I like Sydne's open toe heels better than my closed toe ones, but I wore this in January while she wore hers in August, so I think I can give myself a pass.






Happy Wednesday, ya'll!




8 comments:

  1. Checking you out from the Trend of the Month link up today! Love the top, the doggy bombing your pic and the shoes! I love getting heels at Target! I work from home and have a hard time investing a lot when I know that I wont wear often.
    Kristin
    https://rarenonsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job recreating the look! I love your statement necklace too..it's gorgeous!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Datevitation Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the lexi bomb. and yes! i love your recreation - that blue looks GREAT with the white blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great striped look!
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue and white look for winter...it's different yet kinda perfect :)
    And I agree on your choice for closed toe. The winter months require it sometimes:)
    Thanks so much for linking up Jamie!
    xo - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look - girl you got some great legs! Perhaps we could follow each other?

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! So classic. And it could work for any season!

    Stopping by from the stripes linkup!

    Emily
    http://a-devine-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)