I have a few outfit photos to share that I snapped with my phone over the holidays. I haven't been able to do outfit photos for a few weeks because the holidays have been so busy - plus, as many of us bloggers have been whining about, it gets dark so much earlier it's difficult to find a time when you can get good lighting for pictures!
|Sweater: Macy's, last seen here | Jeans: True Religion via Alexis Suitcase | Boots: ShoeLand, last seen here|
|Tee: Christmas present from the hubs | Jeans: True Religion | Shoes: BonTon (2011)|
|(Note: I have no idea what jeans these are. This pic is too crappy and the coat too long for me to tell and I can't remember) Coat: H&M (old) | Bag: Target | Scarf: Old Navy (recent) | Shoes: Target|
I've been thinking a bit over the last couple of days about my goals. I put them in much clearer terms, and while I don't have specific tasks attached to them yet, I plan to do that as I go. In order to really try and reach these goals, I'm planning on writing a lot about them on this here blog. In 2013, this blog will share fashion and self improvement. Which I guess makes sense because this blog started as self improvement - giving me a reason to actually put myself together daily and wear things I'm proud of! I haven't determined yet how I'll do this mix, but we'll work through that as we go. I'm thinking either shared posts or separate posts...not sure yet.
|Tee: Primark (UK) | Jacket: Target (found cheaper in store!) | Scarf: London street market | Pants: TJ Maxx | Boots: Payless|
|Shirt, Sweater, and Bag: Old Navy (sweater bought dirt cheap recently during 2012 post-Christmas haul!) | Jeans: Big Star via Alexis Suitcase | Boots: ShoeLand, same as above|
|Tank, Cardigan, and Bag: Old Navy | Jeans: ? (old) | Boots: ? (old) | Boot "socks": Steve Madden via TJ Maxx (these are not actually socks but just cuffs!) | Scarf: Target|
So, without further ado, here are my written goals for 2013. Some are concrete, some are abstract, but all of them will have specific, measurable actions that I will take as I work towards them. I've added a few of those actions that I already am planning on in the list below.
- Run 15+ miles/week
- Lift weights 3x week
- Hit goal weight loss of 20 pounds
- Be more conscious of food choices; eat better and healthier
- Go on more date nights
- Take Lexi for daily walks
- Call my parents once a week and my grandmother and in-laws once a month
- Call, Skype with, or email out of state friends on a consistent basis
- Spend more time with friends who live close
- Work on learning to meditate
- Spend a little more time talking to God
- Listen to spiritual and inspirational podcasts
- Learn professional level modules
- Pass professional level test
- Be able to teach at least 2 compression courses
- Stick to a clothing budget of $40/week and a beauty budget of $20/month (the beauty budget is for extras, like nail polish and makeup I don’t need, not things like shampoo and skincare!)
- Make a list of items that I want – both general and specific – and decide order of importance.
- Complete photography class
- Work on Hindi weekly
- Complete Coursera courses
- Continue to grow my blog
- Learn to take better pictures
- Complete at least one knitting project
- Be less reactive
- Be less judgmental and more accepting
- Stop worrying about little things
- Take at least one trip
- Spend more time reading
- Spend more time listening to music
- Try new activities on the weekend
- Be more present
- Perform random acts of kindness
- Keep up with daily chores
- Follow Gretchen Rubin's Happier at Home
- One chapter/month through September
Lastly, in reading a blog post about resolutions, there were some great guidelines that I'll be using as I go:
What would make me happier?
What concrete actions would bring change?
Am I starting small enough?
How will I hold myself accountable?
I'm excited for what 2013 holds...here we go!