Wednesday, October 10, 2012

[Life] 90 Years

A few weekends ago, I went home for my Grandmother's 90th birthday. I thought I would share some pictures from my trip and her birthday party!

WARNING: Picture heavy post!!

Me with Alex, my friend Emily's 2 month old! He was asleep here, haha.

Me, my grandmother, my cousin Cameron, my cousin Sarah

Some of my family members traveled far to be there for Grammy's birthday - family came from NH, CT, FL, VA, and GA just for this very special day.

The Hubs and cousin Sarah's 5 month old son Lee

We all had tags with our name and how we knew/were related to my grandmother. This was the first time she was meeting great grandson Lee!

And of course, my hubby thinks he's funny. What was also funny was that my brother wrote "favorite grandson" on his, and my dad wrote "favorite son-in-law" on his. Apparently this sense of humor runs in the family. My hubby is Indian by way of the UK, so he didn't spell "favorite" wrong, at least according to him. 

My "little" brother and his girlfriend, who I got to meet for the first time!


Cousin Sarah and her son Lee

My Uncle Bob; the only son and my mom's twin brother

I know this picture is a little fuzzy, but this is seriously the best representation of my grandmother. She is always laughing and smiling and giggling about something - it's how I always think of her. I firmly believe this is one of the reasons why she turned 90!!

The "Squeezebox Trio" - the one thing my grandmother wanted was to polka on her birthday so this is what we had.

Grammy, her husband, and her kids

With her daughter Phyllis's family
With our family

With her son Bob's family - one of my cousins is missing here - Mike lives in LA and wasn't able to make it back. :(

Grammy and her kids

Grammy and her great grandsons - no great granddaughters yet!

Me and Hubby...we always photograph best when taking them of ourselves haha

Just a glimpse of how many people were there to celebrate - there were twice this many!

It was so nice to see how many peoples' lives my grandmother touched and to celebrate with family I rarely get to see!!!

Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Aww how cute! I love that your grandma wanted polka music :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Jewelry Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, happy 90th to your grandma, she looks great! I love that your family was able to all get together for this celebration! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the polka ladies with their crowns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's such a great idea with the name tags
    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)