Wednesday, October 31, 2012

[Link up] Trend of the Month: Boots!!!

Today I'm linking up with the amazing Marion at Marionberry Style for her Trend of the Month linkup! This month, it's all about boots. Booties, mid calf boots, knee boots - all kinds of boots! Well....I just bought myself a pair of cowboy boots, so I'm going to be different post about that!!! (Although, I wouldn't be surprised if one of my bloggy faves Molly posts about them, too!!)

Now, I'm sure to many of you that's not a big deal. And it's not like this is my first pair of cowboy boots. But I've been a country girl all my life and every pair of boots I've ever owned have been cheap, poorly made, and "fake" - meaning some trendy shoe company put them out because they were in style. In my mind, they weren't real cowboy boots.

Now, all that has changed.

I went with 6 of my dance team girlfriends for an afternoon shopping outing at Horsetown East in Snellville, GA. Talk about authenticity - they carry everything a country girl could want! Jeans, hats, boots, shirts, jewelry - you name it, they had it.



And the boots. Authentic. Real leather. Made to be broken in. Made to take a beating. Made for a perfect hardwood dance floor.

After an hour or two of giving stylistic feedback to my friends trying on clothes, I headed over the boots. One of the women who was working there helped me out and I explained my situation: looking for boots under $200, I have long/big feet and skinny calves, and I've never owned a real pair. She spent the next half an hour choosing boots that met what I was looking for.



I just knew it when I put these on. I knew they were "the ones" - and when every one of my girls seconded that, I knew I had to get them. And I did.


The higher heel made my foot look shorter, and the skinnier shaft (hahaha that made me laugh when the saleswoman said it, how childish am I?!) was perfect on my skinny little chicken leg calves.



I just love my new boots...and I've worn them out on the dance floor a few times and they're perfect. Yay!

Oh, and as a bonus: here's how I wore them dancing!

Top: Old Navy, last seen here | Jeans: Express, old | Boots: Dan Post via Horsetown | Tank: Macy's


And, as a bonus, since a bunch of you have commented asking to see my dance team in action - here you are! (Sorry, but this is one of the best videos of our most recent performance, but it was recorded on an iphone so the quality is meh.) I'm on the far left in the front, when the video scrolls over that way. :)

Happy Wednesday, ya'll!!
Boots | Everybody, Everywear

5 comments:

  1. omgomgomgomgomgomgomg i am in LOVEEEEEEEEEE with your boots, jamie!!!!!!! they look amazing and they are seriously SO SO SO SO SO SO SO amazing! i really wanna see you dance! :) also can you believe it, i didn't wear cowboy boots today! WHAT?! crazy. i know. the world is going nuts. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a classic cowboy boot...which these most definitely are! They are perfect.
    And LOL...I totally thought Molly was going to wear cowboy boots today as well! haha :)
    Thanks so much for linking up Jamie!
    xo - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new boots. Such a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous cowboy boots! I got a good pair for Christmas almost four years ago now...and they're my favorite and probably most-worn shoes all year round! I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boots are SO CUTE!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)