Saturday, June 2, 2012

[Blogging] Do It All?

Let's talk blogging, bloggers.

If you're not a blogger, you can still read this (though I promise I won't get mad if you don't), but since I know most of you are, let's talk!

Here's a question I have been wondering about after following many, many blogs for a few months now. Almost every single blog/blogger is linked up all over the place: facebook, twitter, pinterest (you won't ever see me there, though), chictopia, IFB, Go Chic or Go Home, bloglovin, better bloggers network, instagram, etc, etc, etc. HOW DO YOU DO IT ALL!?!


(This is my confused face)

I'm really trying to create good content here, and I have a lot of ideas, but I find that I'm at a loss as to what to put everywhere else. I don't want to repeat the same stuff, yet I am having a heck of a time being active in so many different places! Instagram is really the only one that, to me, lends itself well to new content. That may be because I used Instagram because I like it, not because people might want to see the pics. However, I'm not a big facebook person (I can hear the collective gasp that just happened) - although I used to be, but not much any more - and I've never really used my personal twitter account. Plus, all that other stuff I found in the blogging community that I feel like I should be active in seems as though it requires an excessive amount of time and creativity.

So, blogger universe, what are your secrets? What do you use and not use? How do you come up with unique content across the various mediums? What is your strategy?

2 comments:

  1. i have found that i will try anything once, and once i figure out what i like, what works for me, etc... i stick to those things and drop the rest. you CAN'T do it all... that's the thing. and if you try to, you'll spread yourself too thin. stick to what you like, what you know, and what works for YOU. the people you want interacting with your content will interact with you in the places you're hanging. :)

    also, WHY ARE YOU NOT ON PINTEREST? oh my gah i am obsessed with pinterest lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you read my post about Pinterest?! That will maybe explain? haha. This is good advice. I guess I haven't yet found the things that work for me yet so I'm dipping my toes in all over the place.

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)