Tuesday, June 4, 2013

[OOTD] Old Outfits Die Hard

I always seem to go in spurts - I'll have a few days or weeks where I religiously take my outfit photos. Then travel, or weather, or laziness happens and I don't take pictures or plan out what I'm going to wear. It works out ok, because then I write about other things, or I take a week or three off from the blog. It all evens out. But that's not what I want.

Top: Forever21 (vlogged here) | Jeans: Big Star via Alexis Suitcase | Boots: ShoeLand (also seen here, here, and here) | Blazer: Burlington Coat Factory (also seen here, here and here)
My original reason for starting this blog, when I really think about it, was to learn. If I'm being completely honest - for much of my younger life, I wasn't part of the "in" crowd, and I so desperately wanted to be. I thought that if I could just figure out how to do my hair nicely on a consistent basis, or if I could buy the right clothing and wear it properly, I'd be as happy/cool/popular/fill in the blank as the in crowd.



Fast forward to after college and I've finally found myself. However, I still want to look my best so that I feel my best - and I still don't believe I have the skills. Like anything that requires skill, it requires practice. In all honesty, the goal of this blog is to make myself put in the effort to develop this skill, and to strive to become better at figuring out what works and what doesn't. Because I love clothes, and I love hair and makeup and all those girly things - I just don't know how to make it look right. And that's what I'm working towards here.



Anyway. Off topic. My point is that I'm going to try and be more consistent about my outfits, even if it's just a phone snap. I know I don't have the photog-skillz to have consistently amazing pictures, nor do I have the ability to get outside and take pics every single day. But I need to be more consistent about planning my outfits ahead of time, because I get into ruts when I don't. And I end up leaving the house half-dressed because I don't have time to put together an entire "thing".



Along with more consistent photos, I'm recommitting to my writing. Along with outfits will be lifestyle stuff - I've always kind of put that into the blog but I want to kind of merge the two. Some of my favorite posts to go back and read are the ones recapping big events or trips, and I want more of that. So, here's to hoping this re-commitment works!




2 comments:

  1. I always have to plan my outfits at night during the work week. I'm not one of those people that can usually just throw something together...I need time to plan an outfit out. Blogging is definitely very time consuming but hope you can stick with it!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    PayPal Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great outfit and beautiful girl.
    team with womens stilettos

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)