Sunday, July 8, 2012

[Life] Sunday Soup

Ok, so I have a ton of outfit photos waiting in the wings, but I also have a lot of other things I want to talk/write about. So I'm starting a "Sunday Soup" post. You know, because soup is a mix of random things in one delicious pot. This is my soup. Hope you all enjoy.

It's Saturday as I write this, and we've got some storms coming through. My dog is terrified of them so she's squished herself up under my feet, under my desk.



Earlier this week I wrote a ranting post. I've resolve some of the issues, so let's catch up.
My speakers - in short, Sony couldn't repair them so they said my only other option, aside from having them sent back as is and not working, would be a refund. However, they were only offering $44 when I paid $125 for them. Basically, they were purchased open box so I didn't qualify for the full refund, but I didn't think that was fair since I was informed when I bought them that the warranty was intact (which would entitle me to a full refund). After speaking with 6 different people, they refused to do me any better. So I tweeted @SonySupportUSA about being terribly unhappy with their customer service. In 2 short days, my full refund was processed. Yay!
My hair - I did a home fix. It's not perfect, but it's good enough that you can't notice the root issues. You saw in Friday's post my hair down - those were taken Thursday post-hair-fix.

So what did I do this last week?



On the 3rd, I had dinner with the hubs at Buca di Beppo, one of our favorites. (I really think it's hubs' favorite solely because of the Tiramisu. It's his favorite dessert and they give you SO MUCH of it!!!)



Went to see the fireworks on the 4th with our friends Ty and Jodi, then stuck around for ice cream afterwards.


Friday I had a half day off from work. Hubby had a tee time late afternoon so while he was golfing, I treated myself to this lil pedicure. Seriously, my salon has the best pedicure ever. Their technicians give amazing massages. If you're in the Atlanta area, check out Elegant Nails in Roswell. A-mah-zing.




Saturday I was super busy in the morning - gym, grocery shopping, laundry, giving the dog a bath, etc - then I rewarded myself with an afternoon of playing around with my hair, reading, and sipping a margarita. And you can see, I had some company from a little boxer dog who was pooped from fighting her bath.

Today I'm having brunch with my friends Jodi and Natasha - I'm looking forward to some girl time! Then perhaps doing some outlet shopping with the hubs. We shall see.

What else.....

Oh! I made some dip this week. I've been enjoying it for days.



I took plain yogurt (8 oz), cream cheese (1/4 cup), and feta (3/4 cup) and threw it in the food processor with about 2 cups of fresh spinach. It's quite a tangy dip but I like it.

Now, some of my favorite links this week!



1 comment:

  1. so glad your week got better, girl! love the idea of these "soup" posts! have a great rest of your day, girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)