Ok, you guys. I have a few things I need to come clean about.
- I have zero interest in fashion week. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I feel like, as a style blogger, I should be soooo invested in the events that transpired through the last 2 weeks. And you know what? I don't give a tiny little sliver of a damn. I mean, great for those who do, but I just don't. Is someone going to take away my Style Blogger title now? I've been watching you all write these fabulous posts about fabulous fashion week and I just feel like such an outcast. If style blogging were high school, no doubt I would be on the Math Squad or the Debate Team with my non-fashionable nerd glasses. It's just so hard for me personally to figure out how those high fashion styles (that are, for most of us, completely unrealistic for wearing in our normal-person-lives) are going to translate into something that's wearable for the rest of us. So I just let you bloggers out there who are super into it do all the translating for me. :)
- I am jealous of about 80% of you right now. Green jelly, guys. And I've been harrumphing to myself about it for the last 2 weeks. You all are getting cooler weather and are able to wear clothes made for my very favorite style season: FALL. It's is too. damn. hot. down here to even think about wearing something fall-like. It's too warm for boots. Too warm for sweaters. Too warm for layers. I'm from the northeast and miss the nip that comes in when September rolls around and it's so painful sitting down here in the firepit of the country that is Georgia. (Ok, so maybe it's not that hot, but average Sept highs here are mid 80s and so far September has not disappointed.) So I'm going to sit here and wallow in the fact that I'll be busting out my fall outfits in, oh, I don't know, 2 months.
- There are some changes that will be happening soon around here. Right now I'm not nuts with the format of my blog, and I've come up with a few ideas that I'm going to work on over the next few weeks. Bear with me through the growing pains!
Whew. Ok. Now that I got that off my chest, let's talk fall fashion! I'm now off my spending freeze but I am, for the very first time ever, going to be shopping with a wish list. (And trying not to purchase things that are not on it!!!) Ooooooh, aaaaaahh.
I just bought these in the last 2 weeks since my spending freeze ended:
|I bought these because I've been thinking about them for months and they were down to the very last pair in my size. If I get them and hate them, I can send them back.|
|I've been watching these from Nine West for a few months now and they were on sale for $17.90!!|
After those, I kind of decided I can't just jump off the spending freeze and run around spending willy nilly. I will allow some wiggle room so if I see something that I love and it's a great deal, I'll pick it up, but for the most part I really want to stick just to this wishlist!
So, what's on this fall's wishlist?
- Smoker Flats. I'm not partial to color, print, whatever here - I just love this style!
- Cowboy Boots. Good cowboy boots. I've had a trashed up pair for years and I need a cute, sturdy pair for performances. My goal is to save up and buy a nice pair by October 12th, which is a week before our next dance team performance. It'll give me a week to break them in!
- Cream 2-Pocket Sheerish Flowy Blouse. Quite obviously I have no idea how to describe this. I tried this exact one on at Marks & Spencer when I was in the UK and fell in love with it. However, I did not fall in love with the price, especially not for a shirt that was polyester (nearly $50 US). So, now I'm on the hunt for as close as I can find over here, both in color and style. PLEASE give me any suggestions if you have any! I thought it would be way easier to find but I've already spent a good amount of time looking to no avail. The mint blouse in #4 is almost exactly it but they don't carry this cream color, which is what I love most about the top. Grr!
- Mint Blouse. Veronika at Veronika's Blushing showed this one in her haul video and I just loved it. This will probably be the first item that I grab - it's $23 and from Target!
- Burgundy Pants. I'm not picky about the pants - cropped, skinnies, jeans, dress pants, or otherwise, I just love the rich burgundy color!
- Something Mustard. I love this color but I have a hard time finding a mustard item that looks good with my pale skin. The above shirt is from Old Navy and the scarf is from ModCloth. Both are definitely realistic options for me as they're both affordable! I might look to try on the Old Navy top when I'm out and about this weekend.
- Plaid High Heel Loafers. These are just so stinkin cute. This is the exact pair I want - Christian Siriano from Payless. They're on sale for $30 currently, but I think I can get a better deal if I just wait a bit - Payless often does $10 off $25 or more and I have a feeling that deal will pop up again soon.
- Polka Dot Blouse. Any style or color will do. Polka dots are super sweet and perfect for the fall!
- Small Hard-sided Box Clutch. I have no idea if this is what you'd call it, but I like the boxy little handhelds that are out right now.
- Green Heels. Not picky on the style, just love the color.
- A Small Red Crossbody/Shoulder Bag. These are really in for the fall.
- The Perfect Slightly Big Grey Tee. I'm sure you've seen these all over the place. The grey tee is a popular staple right now. However, I have tried on at least 5 different ones and none sit quite right. Suggestions?
a Rafflecopter giveaway