Wednesday, April 18, 2012

[Beauty] Way Out Here

I just recently picked up some beauty items. I am really, really crazy strict about what constitutes my beauty routine (I have to wash my makeup off every night, I use an SPF75+ daily, I always use a leave-in on my hair), but I like to switch up products often. I blame this on my Type A side because I am basically trying to find the BEST, most PERFECT product and the only way I can do that is to try as many as I can.

Last weekend I picked up a few new beauty products. I picked up a new shampoo and conditioner - I tend to alternate between drug store and high end products because I don't believe that the cheap stuff can't be good. I also know that some of the expensive stuff is totally worth the money, so I tend to dip my toes into both ends. :) And I always keep 2 sets of shampoo/conditioner at all times. Don't ask me why, I just do.

Since I ran out of my last drug store choice (John Frieda), I picked up another one - Garnier Fructis Length and Strength (both shampoo and conditioner).

Garnier - Fructis - Length & Strength - Shampoo
Here

I realized after I bought it that I haven't had the greatest experience with Garnier in the past - the last shampoo I tried snarled the crap out of my hair (and it doesn't tangle easily!) and was ridiculously difficult to open because of the style of the bottle (I have no idea how many nails I broke before I finally got rid of the stuff). But, it was too late, I had already brought this one home.

It's been about 5 days, and so far so good! When I used heat on my hair, I find it comes out really soft. Still not sure if this is a "buy again", but I'm definitely not hating it!

The other stuff I picked up was all for my nails. I got 3 new polishes:


Revlon Posh
Ulta, $6


Wearing Revlon Posh


Essie Nail Polish – Browns Little Brown Dress ( C ) 0.5 oz
Essie Little Brown Dress
Ulta, $8


Wet 'n Wild Nail Color 446A
Wet N Wild Caribbean Frost
Ulta, $1


I also got a bunch of cheapie sparkle topcoats - I just couldn't pick one or two! And they were such a steal....

Wet N Wild Shuffle the Deck (the flecks are silver, black,
and red - I just LOVE that color combo!)
CVS, $2




Wet N Wild Hallucinate
CVS, $1


Wet N Wild Trust Fund Baby
CVS, $2

I also got one called Use Protection (CVS, $2), which is small flecks in various shades of blue, but I couldn't find a picture of it. I'll try and snap one tomorrow and post it.

The one thing that worries me about these glitter polishes is the removal. Glitter polish, much like rainbow colored nail polish and neon, was popular in the 90s when I was in school, and I remember it being a GIANT pain in the rear to get rid of. I would have to work really hard. So - to those of you who have tried the glitter nail trend - what's your best kept secret for getting it off your nails when it's time for a new color??



*We won't take a dime if we ain't earned it
When it comes to weight, brother we pull our own*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)