Thursday, April 12, 2012

[Shopping] Forever and a Day


Hello there! Welcome back!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter weekend. Mine was great, although the fact that it was Easter only played a small part. :)

Friday started the weekend off right with a "Bravos Buckhead Bar Crawl" for my friend Heather's birthday. We decked out in Braves gear and hit a bunch of bars over the course of the night. It was a unique experience for me, since I hardly ever make it down to Buckhead (I like to attribute this to the fact that it's because cabs are expensive from there to my house but it's quite likely the real reason is that Buckhead generally makes me feel old, haha).

Brittany, Heather, Lauren and myself at Hangovers
Lauren and myself with our Tomahawk Chop tees at 5 Paces Inn

Saturday I did some shopping. I had a Groupon for a mani/pedi at a nail salon near the mall so I decided to make a day of it. I was hoping to find some cute dresses. Living in Atlanta, it is ungodly hot in the summer so I tend to live in flowy summer dresses, and was hoping to find a few dressier ones to wear to some weddings and bridal showers that I have on the calendar this spring. I went in and out of many stores without any luck until I ended up at New York and Company. They were having a 50% off everything in the store sale, and it worked out to my benefit as NY&Co is one of those stores where I have a really hard time finding bottoms at but seem to find great fit in dresses and shirts.

Since I can't ever pass up a sale as good as this one, I tackled the fitting room with an armload of stuff. I tried on (I apologize for the crappy photography!):

Tiered dress - loved this one and bought it!

Faux wrap dress - thought this one would be
great for work and bought it!

One shoulder asymmetrical dress - I just LOVE the one
shoulder trend, but this dress didn't fit me well.
I am SUPER short-waisted (ugh) so my hips start nearly
under my ribcage. This really accentuated my high hips.
Not a flattering thing. Did NOT buy this one.

Flowy top with sheer trim - I wasn't sure how I felt
about this one so I didn't get it.
What do you think? Good fit or not?

Front tie flowered top - I'm still not sure how
I feel about this top. I may end up returning
it with the sizes that don't work from my online
order, although I have great visions of wearing
 this with a high-waisted black pencil skirt.
What do you think about it? 

I also came back home and ordered 2 other dresses that I had tried on in-store. Both dresses were empire waist dresses and the problem I tend to have with empire waist (oh who am I kidding, tops and dresses in general) is that I have a size 6-8 waist and a size 12-14 chest. I often don't buy stuff because it fits in the chest but is too big in the waist or vice versa. With dresses, I usually have to buy the size that fits the girls and get the rest altered. Both of the dresses I tried on were 8s, and that was the biggest size they had in stock for either one. I couldn't zip them at the bust, but I loved the dresses, so I ordered them, in multiple sizes, when I got home. I'll post pictures when I get them!

Saturday night we went to a friend's house to grill. They had a bonfire going since it's still pretty chilly once the sun goes down, and we had a great time just hanging out.

Bonfire = casual, right? And the hubs went to Bama, so I'm Bama-by-proxy.
Sunday was a day to catch up on spring cleaning - we did the yard, the floors, and the laundry. I usually do grocery shopping too. Then later we had some friends over to grill out at our place - so we did kind of have an "Easter dinner".  :)

I have some outfit pics from this week and I'll try and get those up in a different post. I'm still really trying to get a feel for how I want this blog to go or look or be so there will definitely be some growing pains. Bear with me!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)