Tuesday, April 24, 2012

[Shopping] Lift Me Up

One of the biggest reasons I started this blog to begin with is that I had been doing a lot of shopping recently and wanted to share some great deals/finds that I had come across. The outfit posts are fun, but day to day I'm often more proud of what I've been able to find for a great deal than how I pull everything together.

There may be a lot of stuff in this post. Let it be known I usually don't buy this much at once; these are just the things I've purchased in the last 3-4 months that you may still be able to find in store or online!

Let's start at the very beginning (a very good place to start? Sound of Music fans?):

I have an insane love for envelope purses right now. They are not practical for my everyday life (I really need a purse with straps for the day to day) so I generally use envelope clutches when I'm going out. I had purchased this one back in January because it was exactly what I was looking for, but I had been on the lookout for a black one because I wear a lot of black and I really am not personally a fan of navy with black. Some ladies can pull it off, but I just don't.


Vintage clutch

When I found this black and snakeskin print number at Kohl's, on clearance for $10.80, I just had to scoop it up!!

Kohl's, $10.80, not available online but you might find it in store!

Next up is a summer fedora. I love hats and my hubby always compliments me when I wear them, so I like to have them in my accessory wardrobe! He especially likes fedoras so I was looking for one that was lightweight (you have no idea how hard that was to find!) and straw since Atlanta summers can be brutally hot. I found this one at Target.

Mossimo Supply Co. Straw Fedora - Turquoise
Here, $12.99


I love thin summer scarves, and I found this adorable one at Walmart of all places.

$3.97 (sorry there's no online link)

Shoes. While at Target, looking for some cute flats, I decided to try on the shoes that I pined for in this post. They didn't have my size so I decided to give the next size down a try since someone had told me that they ran big. And it WORKED! So I got my coveted shoes and I'm ecstatic.


Womens Mossimo® Philomena Wedge Sandal - Assorted Colors
Love, $29.99

I also picked up a pair of cute leopard flats. I waffled back and forth on whether to get the leopard or the black but I figured you can find cute black flats more easily and that I would be able to find some elsewhere. I may end up going back and getting them at some point but I haven't yet.

Women's Mossimo® Flat Gladiator T-Strap Sandal - Assorted
Here, $19.99

I also went on a bit of a jewelry spree. Got a whole bunch of new bracelets.

Forever 21, here, $5.80

I got this one in orange and in blue:


Forever 21, here, $1.80


Got 2 of these to stack:

Forever 21, here, $3.80



H&M, $4.95 (I think?)


H&M, $5.95 (I noticed when I took this picture
that this pair is missing a bead. I'll have
to figure out what to do about that!)

H&M, $5.95, Love this cobalt color!


H&M, $4.95 (love that the dangling stars
hang down from behind!)

I also got a 4 pack of large round stud earrings, but since I started this blog draft 3 days ago, they've taken the image I was going to use off the H&M site, so I'll have to take a picture. They were silver, gold, leopard, and zebra prints. So cute!

Update picture:
H&M earrings, $3.95


Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I'm traveling for work this week and have limited time. I'll try and get an outfit post up tonight but who knows. :)  Happy Tuesday, all!



*This road is anything but simple
Twisted like a riddle*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)