Thursday, August 23, 2012

[OOTD] Gossip Magazines

I have to admit - trashy magazines are my guilty pleasure. When I say trashy, I mean tabloids and gossip magazines, although I tend to stay away from the ones that are downright ridiculous (like Weekly World News) and gravitate towards the likes of Life & Style, Us, InTouch, etc.

Top: I don't remember without looking at the tag if this is Kohl's or Macy's but I know it was $15 haha | Jeans: Juicy Couture (2002), $130 | Earrings: H&M (I think?), $5 | Necklace: Kohl's, $12 | Ring, Bracelet: Macy's/homemade, both gifted | Shoes: Shoe Carnival, $20 | Watch: Target, $13 | Grand Total: $195 (yeesh the jeans make this one expensive...but I've had them for 10 years so surely they were worth the price!!!)

Usually, when I fly, my guilty pleasure is picking up 3-4 of these and perusing them on my flight. Last year, however, I got a great deal on a Life & Style subscription, so that one now actually comes to my house. Did anyone see the interview with Dita Von Teese in it last week? Holy crow, did she come off as arrogant and cocky. I know little to nothing about her and it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Doh dee doh....don't mind my work badge still clipped to my pants....


For example:
L&S: My favorite cocktails are....
DVT: my two signature drinks, the Cointreau Tease and the Cointreau MargaDita
(italics are mine, and the part that sounds arrogant to me)





L&S: The most decadent meal I've ever had was...
DVT: an $8,000 12-course meal....served by a geisha. You have to be invited to one of those clubs just to meet a geisha.


This is a horrible picture of me with my hair-frizz but I wanted a close up of this fab necklace!!


What are your feelings about Dita Von Teese?

And more importantly, how excited are you that I'm going to see Sugarland tonight???  :)






4 comments:

  1. Pretty floral top! A good gossip mag. is necessary on a plane ride!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plane trips are about the only time I have to read magazines. I still have some June and July issues to get through! Speaking of Sugarland, one of the girls that I teach (dance class), her uncle is the drummer in that band!

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dita Von Teese has always been a little too weird for me. First she was married to Marilyn Manson who to me is a total freak. She just seems really snobbish and too high class. Your snippets from her interview just confirmed that, ha ha!

    I LOVE your floral top! It's really pretty with the black and the pops of colors in the flowers.

    Sugarland is great! We just went to our first country concert (Jason Aldean/Luke Bryan) a couple of weeks ago and we had a blast! Such a different atmosphere than the normal rock concerts we go to. Have fun! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute top, chic look
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)