Sunday, August 5, 2012

[Random] Sunday Soup 3

Hey ya'll! Happy Sunday! I'm typing this from the front porch of our rented beach house. :) Felt like blogging and it's been a week or two since my last Sunday soup, so I thought I'd do a short one for today.

Fun links of the week:

  • Olympic divers make funny faces
  • As a Pitt alumni, I loved the fan takeover of #AskASU (a quick history - in 2011 Pitt got a new football coach, Todd Graham. He made all sorts of comments about being with the school in the long term and yadda yadda yadda. Then at the end of last season, he sent the team a text telling them he was going to ASU to coach the next year. It was all very shady how it happened The ASU athletic department then hosted a thing on twitter where fans could ask their new coach a question using the hashtag #AskASU, and Pitt fans took over.)
  • There is a floor in the Empire State Building that almost nobody sees
I think these are going to be my birthday present to myself:

Via
To me, someone who is a bit on the cheap side most of the time, this is a lot of money to spend on a pair of what are essentially glorified flip flops. But they're so cute and they've been on my wish list for months now. And I think about them when I start thinking about items I'd like to add to my closet. So perhaps that will be my gift to me. :)

Speaking of being cheap, I also am love love loving this necklace:

Via

And yes, it's very affordable. Until you see that the company selling it is in Canada. And it costs $20 to ship to the US. Seriously, I cannot justify spending the same amount on shipping as I spent on the item!!! Boo!!!


OH!!! Husband gave me my birthday present early - Kelly Clarkson tickets!!!! W00t W00t!!! The concert is this Wednesday, so he wanted to make sure I had a few days to ask someone to go with me. I'm so excited!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by!
And I make a point to visit the blogs of my commenters, so if you have one, please leave me a way of getting there along with your comment.

(Please don't leave a comment that's only asking me to go to your blog - you might have a great blog but this type of comment is just bad manners.)