- I will have an outfit post for you today. (YAY! I can feel your excitement) For being a style blogger, my blog has been lacking that for the past week or so. Frankly, I haven't been taking a whole lot of pictures because I've been playing catch up all week in all facets of my life. I haven't really worn an outfit I'm proud of until today. But I also have a few stockpiled pics along with the ones I snapped today. I'll get some up. Promise.
- Speaking of today's look - have you ever had one of those days where you wake up and your hair is just freakin perfect?!?! This almost never happens to me, but today it did. I'm ecstatic about it.
|Ignore the face. I'm not good at the forced smile, apparently.|
- I was so excited to go to the Sassy City Chicks event last night but my friend who was going with me had to bail last minute. And then another friend who is moving across the country put together a ladies night for last night and I felt that I would rather feed my soul at her apartment than my closet at the Sample Sale. So I won't have a report on that.
- From yesterday's post....blue it is! I'll be placing my INPink order today and will show you what else I picked in a future post!
- I'm going on a little weekend getaway this weekend; I can't give too many details right now (I will later) but know that I'm flying to Detroit tomorrow morning on a SEVEN AM FLIGHT. Yikes. I have to be at the airport by 6AM. On a Saturday. And I'm not packed yet. And it's stressing me out.
- Are there any Torontonites out there? (See how I just made that word up? Or is that really a thing?) I'm going to Toronto in about 3-4 weeks for work, and I'm going to have a free Friday night in the city. I'm also debating the merits of flying home before lunch on Saturday or sticking around and flying back around dinner time so I can do some sightseeing. Are there things worth seeing/doing in the city that I should stick around on Saturday for? Anyone who's been to Toronto or lives there? Bueller? Bueller?
- I joined IFB this week. It's done amazing things for my blog traffic, and welcome to those of you who got here from there! If you are enjoying my blog and you came here from IFB, this next part is NOT about you.
- Warning: <rant> I'm not sure how many of those coming to my blog from IFB are actually reading it. I had no idea it was going to be like this when I joined. For those of you also on IFB, you should know what I'm talking about. A thousand messages and more than half of them just asking you to follow their blogs and not really caring at all about yours. I actually had someone stop by my blog, then send me a message about liking a particular post, but then followed it up with "let me know if you follow my blog - then I'll come follow yours." Shouldn't you just follow it if you like it and not follow it if you don't? Why is your following me contingent on me following you? Yes, blogging relies on give and take, and if you approach me and my blog in a genuine way, I'll probably follow you regardless of whether you follow me, but so many of these messages are disingenuous and these bloggers have no interest in you or your blog unless you "do them a favor" by following them. I want people to follow me because they like my content, not just to make my numbers look good. I'll take 10 active followers over 1,000 who never actually read a word. You don't really seem like a nice, caring, friendly person when you send those messages. And I really, really like nice, caring, friendly people best. </end rant> To those of you who came over here from IFB and are enjoying my blog - thanks!! I hope I blog well enough over time to keep you coming back. :)
- (In keeping with my goal of trying to put myself in others shoes, I can see how people would just want numbers to beef up their blog. I just don't feel the same and I have put in my IFB profile that I'm not interested in that kind of thing. But apparently no one reads that. And since they still insist on pushing their agenda without care for mine, I feel I'm allowed to rant. :) )